Reflections of the Heart: Movie Review: Priceless

Friday, February 16, 2018

Movie Review: Priceless






Join the Priceless Movement to prevent human trafficking and child exploitation here.

I wrote a little about human trafficking back in my blog here over Labor Day.

I stumbled upon this movie yesterday. I love movies but they can be very all consuming for me. I talk more about movies as Entertainment here in a previous post. So, this year in an effort to be more intentional about the things I watch and glorify God through them, I asked for a subscription to Pureflix for 3 months for Christmas.  I received it from my in-laws and I am currently going through some movies and shows.  Yes, some of them are movies that would be rated as B movies, however, the content in really great.  It gets you thinking and moving in the right direction.  Anyway, I watched a movie called Like a Country Song and it was pretty good. I wondered about the actor in there, Joel Smallbone, and looked him up. (My husband told me after reading this post that Joel and his brother are lead singers in For King and Country) That is where I saw the movie Priceless.  I remember hearing about it coming to theaters quite some time ago. I watched the preview and then started watching it on Amazon Prime.

Wow, it was a very powerful plot. A man torn and in the end does the right thing-based on true stories that created a movement.

I highly recommend watching it and then seeing where and how you can get involved if you are moved to do so. The Priceless Movement website above gives information for supporting, for those in need of receiving help and also for your local organizations.

I started 40acts for Lent this year. This is my 2nd year doing it, but this is the first year I've really gotten into doing a lot of the actions themselves.  Will you consider joining me? It's not too late.  They are all over social media, I have been sharing them on Twitter and Facebook everyday.  You can sign up and receive a daily email. It gets you thinking and sometimes moving in the direction that God wants for us. This year's 40acts is based on the teachings from the book of James. I have been (before knowing that they were using this as inspiration) and still am reading through it.


Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”

1 John 4:7–8 NIV


Love is Action by Tauren Wells



Priceless by For King and Country


No comments:

Post a Comment