Reflections of the Heart: Gratefulness: What Happened to Thanksgiving?

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Gratefulness: What Happened to Thanksgiving?



When did we stop celebrating Thanksgiving?  Here's a little rant.  I wanted to just put this out there, for years now it has bothered me that most stores go from Halloween into Christmas and forget about Thanksgiving altogether, unless it's a grocery store.  When did schools stop talking about the Pilgrims, now it's all Happy Harvest Day and stuff like that?

Being Thankful is something that we, especially in America, have forgotten how to do.  Do we realize how lucky we are compared to the rest of the world?

I'm just as bad sometimes, I turn my eyes inward, I'm selfish, ungrateful, spoiled, complain a lot.

This month I want to focus on being Thankful.


The number 1 thing I am thankful for is Jesus.

That He came to save us all. That he gave his amazing grace to us, but when we personalize this, He loved ME so much that He saved me from all my sin.  It really is Amazing Grace.

There are places in the world that people can't believe what they wish to believe openly, they are persecuted for their beliefs.  If you haven't read about Voice of the Martyrs you can do so here.



1 Chronicles 29:13
Now our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

What can you thank God for today, how can you praise His name?




























No comments:

Post a Comment