Reflections of the Heart: Thankful for Worship Music

Monday, November 16, 2020

Thankful for Worship Music




I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, Worship music helps me to be in tune with God.  I know, that sounded corny.  There is something about tuning into a radio station needing a pick me up, only to find the exact right song playing for what you need. I was looking back at music I've listened to through the years and I've found something interesting.  When I look at what I listened to, I was very much affected in one form or another by what was going on in my life at that time and how I was growing or not growing spiritually.

Music reaches into my soul like nothing else seems to. There is this connection that I can't explain.  It wakes me up, it helps me feel, it allows some form of release.  Music helps me to pour out my feelings.

I am not a natural music talent in any form. I have managed to pick up a few things and pluck a string or two, or blow a note or two, I can even sing a little, but I am so far from being capable of anything good.  That being said, when the right song is playing, it doesn't matter what I sound like, it just moves me.  There are some songs that I just can't shake off and some that hit me so deep I can't even sing them.  There are others that help me shout things to the rooftops.

Right now there are a lot of those rooftop songs, but one of them is below.  What is your shout it to the rooftop song?






Psalm 147:7
Sing to the Lord with Thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.



No comments:

Post a Comment