Reflections of the Heart: Voice of the Martyrs-International Non-Profit

Friday, May 19, 2017

Voice of the Martyrs-International Non-Profit

What is Voice of the Martyrs?  Who are they?  Voice of the Martyrs

VOM’s Mission Statement
Serving persecuted Christians through practical and spiritual assistance and leading other members of the Body of Christ into fellowship with them.

Their website has a lot of information on it, check it out for yourself and see what tugs at your heart.

How it touches me
I don't remember the first time I heard about VOM. I think it was when I was listening to a broadcast online through either Focus on the Family or some other Christian daily broadcast program, it could have been through my husband who heard something as well. We looked into this program and felt we needed to help, even just a little every month for those who are being persecuted for their beliefs.

As Americans we often take for granted out freedoms. Especially our religious freedoms. All over the world there are countries where it is illegal to believe in anything other than the country's decided faith and the penalty in most of those countries is either prison or sometimes death.

As a Christian myself, I have this struggle with sharing my faith with strangers and even sometimes family, because it often ends up in some kind of argument. The thing is, most of the time I am just telling people my story and hoping that they will somehow come to their own conclusion about what they believe.  

VOM has really helped me grow in my spiritual walk this past few months.  They have this amazing App for smart phones and tablets that is free.  It helps give daily knowledge of places around the globe where people are being persecuted and how to pray for them. They have amazing resources you can sign up to receive, they will send you calendars, maps and newsletters to help you understand what is really happening around the world.

If you are more of a visual person then check out their You Tube Channel, they also have a Facebook PageTwitter & Pinterest Page.

They have some amazing books that have been written, although they are in my to be read pile, which is getting bigger and bigger.

What does it mean for you?

Well this is a really good question that anything you read should get you to ask yourself. When you read, watch or hear something and don't do anything with that information then it just kind of sits there in the back of your brain and sometimes becomes an after thought or even leaves altogether.  I encourage you to figure out how this type of information truly affects you and DO something about it.

Do you have an extra $10.00 a month you could donate to help people around the world have freedom to their beliefs? Donate Here

Perhaps a one time donation of any amount?  They also have an option to pick certain things to give, action packs, bibles, etc...

Do you have a few extra minutes in your day where you could learn about another country and how to pray for them?  Online Prayer ResourceAndroid AppiPhone App


What if you aren't a Christian yourself?

I encourage you to ask yourself questions about your beliefs.  Go read the Bible.  Some of you might be saying "yeah right Christie, I'm going to read a book that was made how many hundreds of years ago that I have no understanding of their culture or what they are trying to say"  or "who has time for that?"

If you have time to check Facebook several times a day, or twitter or instagram or pinterest or any other online thing that is a true time sucker then you have a few minutes to dive into your faith and beliefs.  

NO JUDGEMENT HERE

Seriously, I get caught up in the day to day time sucker that is social media. I allow myself leeway on these types of things as long as I am getting the more important things done as well.

Check out the following links to a few website and check out some apps as well for daily encouragement.

Bible Gateway
Got Questions

If you are looking for a free bible app for your devices then You Version is my favorite. They have daily devotionals, so many translations, videos, the bible can be read aloud to you, and they have an amazing kids bible app that my kids absolutely loved.

Wrapping it up

Do something, take the next step.  It amazes me how much grace God has given us as a people.  I am always in awe of the cross and the ultimate sacrifice.

We are called to go and make disciples, Matthew 28:19, we are also called to help those who are persecuted for their beliefs with action.  It has made an amazing impact on my prayer life and opened my eyes up to the world we live in today.  So much suffering can lead to so much pain.  It only takes 1 person to make a change and the rest might follow.    

Will you follow Him?








No comments:

Post a Comment