Reflections of the Heart: Why am I starting a blog?

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Why am I starting a blog?

Well here goes nothing or something...

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for the last year or so. Why?  Well, I have a lot to say about things. So why should anyone care what I think? My voice matters just like everyone else. I have a hard time articulating a lot of things when I am face to face with people.  I lose my words or just can't find the right way to say them so they come across the way I want them to.  I am guessing a lot of that has to do with being an introvert and having lost a lot of my brain cells after having 2 kids or lack of brain use, etc. Most of those cells have never regenerated or are long hidden. 

In my blog I want to showcase the things that I'm passionate about.  What does that involve? Begs the question, what am I passionate about:  GOD.  Yes big G-O-D letters.  I'd like to think that my day revolves around Him, even in the small decisions I make, even in the cleaning of the bathroom or doing the dishes.  Mostly it's an afterthought. I cringe when I write that, but I want to be real.  I think most of us are like this, we don't think about why we do things until after we've done them.  So, the blog.  It's a way to keep me accountable, at least I am hoping as much.  

So, what is this going to look like?  I am going to attempt a weekly post to show people what I've been up to, but also to showcase something I am passionate about. To share it with friends, family and hopefully a base of followers outside that circle as well.

There are a lot of local and international non profit organizations that our family supports. A lot of local (and not so local) businesses that I would like to write about. I love movies and books, and I'll share details about these things.  All while trying to bring awareness to something you might not have otherwise known about or cared about.  

I want to raise awareness and support in various ways.  I'll be doing giveaways (new or gently used), linking to other blogs that have impacted my life or others I know,  and trying to be more intentional about life in general.  

Follow me on this journey and let me know what you think.  I only ask that you be honest and kind when you do. In the world we live in, we need more people building each other up than breaking each other down.

I would love to hear about things you are passionate about and things you would like to read about. 

1 Thessalonians 5:10-12
He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Can't wait to read more <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing this. I look forward to seeing what this does for you and for the people who read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to following your journey in more 'purpose driven life'...a pun there. Thanks for sharing your heart and being willing to lead on.

    ReplyDelete