Reflections of the Heart: Movie Review: Paul Apostle of Christ

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Movie Review: Paul Apostle of Christ



I knew going into this movie that I had to be in the right mind set for this one.  It's a drama, but one that came highly recommended by my pastor, who is also my bible study leader. 

Dramatic movies can be hard to watch sometimes. This particular movie has come through my house a couple of times and I've passed on watching it, until now. I put it back on my dvd queue and it sat in my house for weeks before I was ready to watch it.  And, I am very glad I did.


If you have a chance to watch it, make sure to watch the behind the scenes stuff, the creators of the movie explain how they filled in much of the information in the film.  Here is one part of that.









I had to keep telling myself that Jim Caviezel was playing Luke through the whole movie, because I always see him as playing Jesus in The Passion of the Christ.

The actor that portrayed Paul, James Faulkner, is an amazing actor.  He has been in a lot of period pieces.  He's your classic English Shakespearean actor.

Unlike a lot of Christian based movies the acting was fantastic in this one.  There were a lot of known actors who used their craft to show this story in a beautiful way.  I laughed a little and cried a little.  I empathized with the characters as well.  As with all movies I watch I wanted to come away with something from it that I hadn't thought or learned before and also be in an emotional state that felt like I didn't waste the last couple of hours of my time.  This one rang true on all accounts for me.

I highly recommend watching it, but be in the right state of mind first.  Sometimes movies like these don't hit you the way they should if you heart and mind aren't open.

Until next time....
1 Corinthians 1:18 
Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you liked it! Totally going to make sure Evan and I watch together :)

    ReplyDelete