Reflections of the Heart: Movie Review: The Resurrection of Gavin Stone

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Movie Review: The Resurrection of Gavin Stone


In an effort to watch better entertainment I've been going through Netflix looking for wholesome movies. Seriously, it is so hard to find movies that are wholesome, entertaining and good at the same time. 

I had seen the previews for this movie awhile ago when it game to the theaters and put it on my DVD queue but it was at the bottom. Well I moved it up the other day and when it came in I watched it with anticipation. 

Result, it was predictable but still really good. It was your typical bad boy forced to do community service who then likes a girl and pretends to be a Christian to get a role in their Easter play, in a mega church setting. It was clean, funny, silly and full of Christian themes but not over the top. Of course some of the acting was not so great, however, I figured with the main role being played by someone I have seen and liked before (Brett Dalton, who I enjoyed watching as Grant Ward in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) that it would be good enough to watch.

I would give it a 7 overall but not a movie I would add to my collection. That being said this is a movie I would allow my kids to watch, although I doubt they would want to watch it since it has a dramatic theme.

It's all about second chances and forgiveness.

Well, I just wanted to share my thoughts on this one. I am planning on trying Pureflix soon and I'll let you know how that goes. 

Oh and the guy who plays the pastor is the guy who was the main lead in The Cutting Edge, does anyone besides me remember that one? TOE PICK 😁


1 comment: